Friday, May 17, 2013

Pan Swinger : six weeks to go

I got about 8hrs into the frame just cleaning it up from the previous owners add on shit. At least the guy never hacked anything off and now I got a stock frame. Back to J&W for a powder coat primer fill. Black soon.
I got my seat pan powder coated and put some edge protector on it, then I asked the local upholstery shop what foam to use and he said to go ahead and use the carpet padding ? funny but it will work and the first layer is some firmer foam. I wanted to shape it myself to be sure I get the look I wanted which is rigid frame seat on a swing arm bike. I had some help from some friends and we draw up a pattern. I dropped it off here local at cool customs and the covered it in leather.
The mag idea came from John Barry ( JB ) showed me this trick a few years back of cutting the mag body to clear the case rather than cutting the case. It's a popular modification I see a lot of people doing now. Anyhow short on time JB brought me a mag he already started on and I finished it up. JB is a cleaver guy. Johnny Ray polished it out (same guy doing all my chrome). I took a clear cap and painted it inside so it has a deep black clear marble look. Still have to make up a custom kill lever and hold down clamp.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment