Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hall Bro's Rigid Shovelhead


Bryan Hall did the hardtail section himself (which turned out flawless) and built the rest of the bike in just a couple months. You can see bits of the build on his blog,  http://kstreetgarage.blogspot.com/   I love the bike of course, but what really showed me his talent was yesterday when he and a few friends came to my shop to do a repair job before heading home. Rather than waiting on me while I was flapping my lips to someone else, he pulled out  my welder, set up the torch,  laid on the floor and welded a friend's coil mount back together . . . but never had to ask a single question about my welder or set up (having never previously used my model/year welder). My point is that a lot of people can "weld", but good welders are confident and can adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment